The SME is a highly effective Linear Comp/Blast Can that allows for excellent shot to shot recovery & incorporates an external shroud that reduces lateral auditory reports. The brake itself is machined from a single piece of 416 stainless and is tuned for efficiency without unnecessary weight. The three port design keeps the brake short, while allowing for an extremely high level of efficiency.
The outer shroud of the SME, is made of Aircraft Aluminum, allowing for durability without additional weight. When the Unit is assembled it allows for complete control of dynamic recoil forces while keeping the pressure wave from the shot, downrange. This allows for maximum recoil control and a hearing safe environment for your Teammates or fellow shooters on the firing line.
Colors: Graphite Black or Flat Dark Earth
Calibers: 5.56 .30 Cal, 6.5, 9mm and 45
Thread Patterns: 1/2-28 and 5/8-24 ONLY
45 IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN 5/8-24!!
I love mine. I didn't think I would work as well as it does. Its the best alternative to a full on suppressor.
I cannot believe it works I put this on my 308 18in Revolution and it kept my ears from ringing. For my purposes it is better than a silencer and here is why.
1. it protects my hearing outdoors just like a silencer
2. it is lighter weight than a silencer for the equivalent mitigation on your ears
3. it's cheaper
4. the noise going further makes it sound BADASS and terrifying
5. it is sooo easy to clean
6. it did not seem to create back pressure (all though I have no wat to verify that other than it working on a normal setting)
7. no wait times and
8. no paperwork
9. it does not seem to want to back off once threaded on.
Cons indoors or under a metal roof the sound mitigation is not good like being completely outdoors with no structures around.